Thursday 2 February 2012

Nothing Kills a Muse Like Happiness.

So as you can see, the site is now in a more-or-less in working order. And I SWEAR I had an idea just now when I was doing the washing up, a self-deprecating train of thought stringing fascinating ideas together into a halfway cogent ramble. Unfortunately that was then, and now that my laptop is up and running I'm unable or unwilling to retrieve the idea from the great compost heap manned by hunchbacked goblins that is my imagination. Oh wait, here it is: Happiness is counterproductive to the great creative splurgings I need to get myself on the way as a writer. It's a weird feedback loop because for years I was miserable and unable to motivate myself to pour out the tale of woe building in my system on a daily basis. But there was a story there. Granted, most of the protagonists underwent Kafka-levels of emotional torture just to get through their miserable existences, but nevertheless there were beginning, middles, ends and even inciting incidents. Now, I stare into the hollow core of my being where the stories used to be, and I find a smile there. It's enough to make me want to sick up a fridge. So where do I go from here, now I'm done tweaking the layout (apart from the single post pages, and a few bits on the sidebar that are still nagging at me)? I suppose write. Have ideas and write them down, so other people can read them. The usual. I've categorised them into Rants, Daily, Free-Writing and stuff I want to Share, which might help. Or not. Still, tomorrow is a brand new day. Oh god that's even more positivity, how the hell am I supposed to get anything done round here? I'm off to get a hammer. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment