Wednesday 23 November 2011

Things Can Only Get Better

Things are still... challenging. The job market's a mess, and I'm stuck slap bang in the middle of it, harbouring overhanging problems from various years of bad decisions and being asleep at the wheel of my own life. No I didn't stick in at school. Yes I did leave a fairly solid job to go to university. No I didn't stay in the area that I'd made all of my social and business contracts. No I don't drive. Yes I do have RSI, mostly through my own fault. I have however reached a decision, which is that while I am looking for a proper job, I will take the opportunity between the hours of 3 and 5pm to polish up my writing and stop feeling sorry for myself. Because like it or not, right now I have the opportunity to actually slough myself out of the mire of crap I've landed myself in. In a 9-5 job, which is what the universe seems determined to land me in (no matter how nonsensical and self-defeating), I will not have this time to pursue the one avenue I am not only good at, but can still actually do without experiencing new and interesting stabbing pains every time I try (RSI is a wonderful thing. PROTIP: it isn't). SO there you have it. A blog. And a blog that is not centered around a point, because I will be saving those for the articles that will hopefully be published elsewhere and merely linked here. This is of course all dependent on me managing to fix the keyboard on my laptop, which I somehow managed to damage even more in my attempts to fix it this morning, so now the 'right' and 'down' keys are missing and the 'right' key doesn't work at all. In the meantime, I am and I hope you have also been. Good day.

1 comment:

  1. […] of writing down these random ideas. I also remembered another post I wrote way back about the importance of keeping myself writing, and now I look at the empty posting calendar over there and feel a bit […]

    ReplyDelete